MGEA Code of Ethics
The Michigan Geothermal Energy Association promotes the use of high-quality geothermal energy systems that meet the comfort, efficiency, and environmental needs of consumers. Members of the MGEA are committed to quality installation and service of geothermal systems. They abide by the Association Code of Ethics, which requires professionalism and fairness with customers, adherence to industry standards, up-to-date training in installation techniques, and a commitment to service excellence. Only members can display the MGEA logo.
Members agree to abide by this Code of Ethics:
- I will be fair and just to all customers.
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner and will not be unjustly critical of my fellow members or the Association.
- I will have the integrity to refuse any project that will do an injustice to the consumer, my profession or myself.
- I will, for all installations, prepare a heat loss and heat gain calculation in accordance with accepted industry methods, and abide by applicable codes.
- I will install and check the operation of all equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- I will install or modify all air distribution systems according to recommended industry standards.
- I am committed to take advantage of new service techniques and technology made available by manufacturers or by the MGEA.
- I will acquaint the customer with the system operation and owner maintenance procedures on all installations.
- I will promptly arrange to provide service by a qualified technician upon receipt of a customer's request.
- I will use and abide by the Alternative Dispute Resolution process administered by the Better Business Bureaus of Michigan for members of MGEA.
Thinking of joining the MGEA? There are many benefits of membership.
If you would like to join the MGEA, please fill out our Membership Application Query.